1,000+ Core Plus Aerospace Graduates Hired by Boeing!
Boeing celebrated a milestone when it recently made its 1,000th hire from a Core Plus Aerospace program. During an event at the Museum of Flight to celebrate the occasion, graduates shared stories about how taking Core Plus Aerospace in high school led them to careers at Boeing.
- Gada Ahmed is a graduate of Franklin High School and Seattle Skills Center and first-line Aviation Maintenance Technician Manager in Renton.
- Jasmine Lehal is a graduate of Lindbergh High School and an assembler/installer in Renton.
- Brayden Terry is a graduate of Sumner High School and an in-tank mechanic in Renton.
Also speaking at the event:
- State Superintendent of Public Instruction Chris Reykdal expressed his support and the importance of programs like Core Plus Aerospace.
- Scott Stocker, Vice President of Manufacturing and Safety at Boeing Commercial Airplanes, shared the positive contributions Core Plus Aerospace grads are making at Boeing.
- Creed Nelson, a retired Core Plus Aerospace instructor at Lindbergh High School, reflected on the impact Core Plus Aerospace has on the lives of students and families.
Deadline to Apply for Core Plus Aerospace Grants, Oct. 26
The deadline is approaching for educators to apply for state grants to support their efforts to create a new Core Plus Aerospace program or support an existing one.
- Grants from OSPI are available for up to $75,000 to start a new program and $50,000 to support or develop an existing program.
- Funds can be used for a range of activities, from capital costs to substitute teachers to cover while instructors participate in professional development.
The deadline to submit an application is October 26. Learn more here or contact OSPI at cte@K12.wa.us.
Coming Soon: 2023 Summer Internship Application
This November, the application for the 2024 Core Plus Aerospace paid summer internship will open. Last summer, more than 130 students from more than 60 high schools and skills centers participated in this paid opportunity, learning hands-on, in-demand skills from advanced manufacturing professionals. Students, plan your summer and be a part of this opportunity that will prepare you for any pathway after graduation. Stay tuned for more!
Core Plus Aerospace Launches Careers
Do you want to learn what some of the Core Plus Aerospace grads do? Our new video series shows how Core Plus Aerospace grads turned what they learned in the classroom and in the summer internship into a career at Boeing.