Core Plus Aerospace students and students in aligned, hands-on programs at high schools, skills centers, and community and technical colleges across the state have a new door open to them. These students can apply for full-time positions at Boeing through the Boeing Pre-Employment Training Program (BPET), an accelerated hiring process that will allow them to skip the interview and go straight to the job offer process for the following Boeing job roles in Washington state:
- Assembler/Installer General B (Starts at $23.50/hr)
- Aircraft Structures Mechanic (Starts at $24.50/hr)
- Integral Fuel Cell Assembly B (Starts at $25.50/hr)
“Core Plus Aerospace and aligned hands-on programs across the state are preparing students with the skills Boeing employees use every day,” said Essentia Rivera, Senior Manager, Workforce Development at Boeing Commercial Airplanes. “The skills they learn in BPET aligned programs are in-demand and will give them an advantage when applying for jobs and starting a career at Boeing.”
Key details for students from BPET certified programs include:
- Must pass standard Boeing pre-hire contingencies.
- Students will receive a Letter of Intent within five business days of applying and will then begin the offer process.
- Students from BPET-certified programs can receive a BPET Enrollment Confirmation Form from their instructor. The BPET Enrollment Confirmation Form is valid for 24 months from the date signed by a student’s instructor. After this period, students can still apply for jobs at Boeing, they’ll just go through the standard hiring process, which includes an interview and can typically take 4-6 weeks.
- Additional BPET job roles and Boeing-partnered academic programs may be added in the future.
Currently, BPET-certified programs include:
- More than 50 Core Plus Aerospace partner high schools and skills centers
- Aligned programs at 19 community and technical colleges
- 30 hands-on career technical education programs at other Washington high schools and skills centers
“I’m thrilled to offer BPET to my students,” said Creed Tremaine Nelson, Core Plus Aerospace Instructor at Lindbergh High School in the Renton School District. “My students can turn the skills they learned in my class into a respected, good paying career at Boeing after graduation. BPET will help my students in the future connect what they’re learning in the classroom to real-world careers.”
Resources for students and instructors