- More than 50 partner high schools and skills centers served more than 2,000 students statewide.
- A record number of students participated in the 2022 Core Plus Aerospace summer internship hosted by Boeing. The 2023 summer internship will be even bigger! Applications are open and due by February 6, 2023. Learn more and apply here.
- 17 summer interns were offered full-time positions at Boeing following the 2022 internship. One of those interns, Tanzania Mowatt-Burleson, is featured in this Seattle Times story.
- As Core Plus Aerospace continues to grow, we are closing in on a big milestone with the expectation that Boeing will hire its 1,000th Core Plus Aerospace graduate next year. Read about Moyaak Chuol, a Boeing employee and Core Plus Aerospace graduate from Lindbergh High School, in this story.
- Core Plus Aerospace students from across the state demonstrated their advanced manufacturing skills during the 2022 SkillsUSA High School Manufacturing Assembler Competition at Boeing’s Everett facility. Registration is now open for the 2023 competition. The registration deadline is February 27, 2023. Find more information on this fact sheet.
Thank you again to the students for their hard work this year, your passion inspires us. And thank you to everyone who inspired, motivated, and ultimately equipped them with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to pursue and prepare for careers in the advanced manufacturing industry. The next generation will be ready to build our future!
We hope you have a wonderful holiday season. And if you have a story you’d like to share, please reach out to us! We’re looking forward to 2023 and sharing more Core Plus Aerospace stories with you!