Congratulations to Washington’s High School Class of 2022!
Through hard work and dedication, you have reached an exciting and important milestone! We hope you take some time to reflect on and enjoy your accomplishments. Whatever your next step may be, we are excited to see what you achieve next!
Your participation in Core Plus Aerospace gives you a head start. You have built transferable, in-demand skills that provide you with options, such as aligned certificate and degree programs, apprenticeships, and manufacturing careers. We are excited to provide some resources as you continue to think to the future and prepare for your first steps as a high school graduate.
Download and share this 2022 graduation tool kit that includes:
- A “To Do” List with key tasks to complete, such as researching and applying to college and training programs, building your network, and keeping your resume up to date.
- Links to relevant courses and training programs – such as mechatronics and avionics – at Washington community and technical colleges that can help build your skills, fast track a manufacturing career, and increase your earning potential. It’s not too late to apply! Two-year colleges accept applications up until classes start. They are open access, so all you need to do is fill out an application and register.
- Opportunities to learn more about available financial aid and scholarships and sign up for Otterbot, a free texting service to help navigate financial aid (simply text “Hi Otter” to 360-928-7281 to get started).
- Resource links to help you research and apply for entry-level jobs and plan your career in advanced manufacturing
- Boeing Careers Portal
- Center of Excellence Aerospace & Advanced Manufacturing
- Join the Washington Aerospace and Advanced Manufacturing Talent Network group on LinkedIn
Best wishes to the Class of 2022, and good luck with all that comes next!