2024 Core Plus Aerospace Internship Applications Due February 5!
High school students have less than a month to apply for the 2024 Core Plus Aerospace summer internship hosted by Boeing. Learn more about the internship here. Take advantage of this opportunity to explore an exciting industry, take your advanced manufacturing skills to the next level, and build a resume with real-world experience! Watch this video to hear from the 2023 Summer Interns.
Core Plus Aerospace Instructor Featured in the News Tribune!
“Boeing recently celebrated its 1,000th hire from the Core Plus Aerospace program. Core Plus Aerospace is a program for high school students to earn credits while learning, hands-on, the skills needed to pursue careers in advanced manufacturing. Going from high school to a job at Boeing is a unique and valuable career step for many Washington students. As a former Boeing mechanic and current Core Plus Aerospace instructor at Sumner High School, I have seen how careers can be built and sustained from the ground up.”
Read more of what Trisha Fry, a Core Plus Aerospace instructor at Sumner High School had to say about her program, the importance of industry partnerships and why she is excited about the future of her students.
Upcoming events for your calendar
- The 2024 SkillsUSA Manufacturing Assembler State Competition will take place on Saturday, April 20 at Boeing’s factory in Everett. Put your skills to the test with a hands-on project, receive feedback on your resume and take part in mock interviews. Deadline to register is February 15, 2024. Learn more here. Watch highlights from the 2023 competition here.
- Keep a look out for dates to join Boeing’s Workforce Development team for future teacher training sessions that cover topics like:
- The origin, history, and overview of Core Plus Aerospace
- Curriculum scope and sequencing
- Framework and credit equivalency
- Curriculum and assessments overview and certificates and score cards
- Hands on projects
Share our latest resources
- Watch these videos that feature Core Plus Aerospace programs at Franklin Pierce High School and Pierce County Skills Center to see learning by doing in action.
- Do your students want to learn about opportunities for students with advanced manufacturing skills post-graduation? Contact Boeing’s Workforce Development and Dedicated Hiring teams to learn how your students can learn about these exciting careers at an Excite Presentation.
- Learn what some of the Core Plus Aerospace grads that were hired by Boeing do in our new video series. Watch & Share
- Boeing celebrated a milestone when it recently made its 1,000th hire from a Core Plus Aerospace program. Read the Seattle Times story about this milestone.
- Read how the Core Plus Aerospace program at Capital High School prepares students for careers
Get the latest Core Plus Aerospace News
- Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram
- Bookmark our website and our resources page and email us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Share this newsletter with a friend who loves hands-on learning and exploring advanced manufacturing careers
- Students interested in full-time manufacturing career opportunities at Boeing should sign up for their preferred candidate contact list at: https://boeing.avature.net/workdev