Congratulations to Washington’s High School Class of 2020!
Through hard work and dedication, you have reached an exciting and important milestone! We hope you take some time to reflect on and enjoy your accomplishments. Whatever your next step may be, we are excited to see what you achieve next!
Your participation in Core Plus Aerospace gives you a head start. You have built transferable, in-demand skills that provide you with options, such as aligned certificate and degree programs, apprenticeships, and manufacturing careers. We are excited to provide some resources as you continue to think to the future and prepare for your first steps as a high school graduate.
Download and share this Class of 2020 toolkit that includes:
- A “To Do” List with key tasks to complete, such as researching and applying to college and training programs, building your network, and keeping your resume up to date.
- Links to relevant courses and training programs – such as mechatronics and avionics – at Washington community and technical colleges that can help build your skills, fast track a manufacturing career, and increase your earning potential. It’s not too late to apply! Two-year colleges accept applications up until classes start. They are open access, so all you need to do is fill out an application and register. To find out which four-year schools have extended application windows, click here.
- Opportunities to learn more about available financial aid and scholarships and sign up for Otterbot, a free texting service to help navigate financial aid (simply text “Hi Otter” to 360-928-7281 to get started).
Post-High School Information Sessions:
We’re also happy to share these regional program resources presented to Core Plus Aerospace students and teachers last month. Check out the ones close to you!
- Boeing Workforce Development Info Session for Graduating CPA Seniors (May 11 and 12)
- Clover Park Technical College; focus on Mechatronics and Avionics (May 13)
- North Seattle College and Shoreline Community College; focus on Mechatronics (May 14)
- Everett Community College; focus on Advanced Manufacturing Training and Education and Mechatronics (May 21)
- Spokane Community College; focus on Avionics (May 27)
Best wishes to the Class of 2020, and good luck with all that comes next!